Thursday, November 3rd, 2016
Safar 4, 1438
“Let’s Learn Arabic”
- 4 Sisters
- 3 Junior Guests
Agenda: (please note, we have included many links where you can read in detail more on each subject)
- OPENING DUA
O Allah, bless this Halaqa, allow us to gain, act upon and share beneficial knowledge. Guide us, forgive our sins and grant us Jannah with our families and loved ones. Ameen
- QURAN RECITATION
We read Surah Fatihah aloud altogether, then sisters individually read aloud a few letters/words, ayahs (according to her ability and with the help and encouragement of her fellow sisters). We read Surah A'raaf from Ayat 138 to Ayat 155. In sha Allah, this will be an ongoing part of our Halaqa and one day in sha Allah, we will have Khatam Quran and begin again.
- SISTERS TALK
Sister Marwa read the answer to the following question about learning Arabic:
If a non-Arabic speaker wishes to learn about Islam, is it best for him to begin by devoting all of his energies to the study of Arabic, or should he start by studying Islam in his own language?
Note: We pointed out the following very useful article was originally shared in the 16th halaqa:
- PIC PICK
Sister Rim read the letters below::
- NEXT HALAQA and News
In sha Allah, our next Halaqa will be held in two weeks on Nov.17th indoors at our Headquarters.
- SISTERS TALK
Sister Sara read the following article about learning Arabic:
Written by: By Sister Fatima Barakatullah
- SISTERHOOD Survey
Click here to read the replies we received to our simple survey:
What obstacles do you face with learning Arabic?
What advice would you share with sisters wanted to learn Arabic?
- SISTERS TALK
Sister Winnie discussed the following two courses:
- Original idea from Halaqa 16 Thursday, Nov. 13, 2014
- Alhamdulilah, we are ready to launch program
- Two courses to choose from depending on your level
- Each course has a detailed curriculum to follow at your pace
- Join with like-minded sisters in a private group to encourage each other and follow each others’ progress
- An Arabic Speaking Consultant (Sister Sara) is available to answer questions.
- Learn at your own pace, stress-free.
- To join up, please send an email stating which course you would like to start and insha Allah, we will add you to our private online google Study Sheet.
- Once a sister joins up, she will receive instructions about when and how to contact Sister Sara, how to keep track of her progress in the course, how to communicate with the other members of the Learn Arabic Group. In sha Allah
- If you require more information please email us.
We listened to part of the following podcast discussing Sisterhood:
Note: We pointed out the following very useful video was originally shared in the 16th Halaqa:
- CLOSING DUA
For the expiation of sins, said at the conclusion of a sitting or gathering. To listen to this dua click here
196 - "How perfect You are O Allah, and I praise You. I bear witness
that None has the right to be worshipped except You. I seek Your
forgiveness and turn to You in repentance."
سُبْحـانَكَ اللّهُـمَّ وَبِحَمدِك، أَشْهَـدُ أَنْ لا إِلهَ إِلاّ أَنْتَ أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَأَتوبُ إِلَـيْك
Subhânaka l-lâhumma wa bi-hamdika. Ash-hadu an lâ ilâha illâ
anta, astaghfiruka wa atûbu ilayka.
If any of this information was good and true, know that it comes from Allah subhanahu
wa ta’ala. If there are mistakes we ask for Allah’s Forgiveness and Mercy.